Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letters to Veterans

I just recently collected the letters to BAMC veterans that have been written by museum visitors. I am happy to say that once again, all of them were very gracious, sincere and heartfelt. Here is an example of one that was written not long ago.


Dear Sailor,

Thank you.

I don’t say it enough to the ones I know.

Thanks for committing, which is something I have trouble doing.

Thanks for sacrificing, something I’m scared to do.

Thanks for caring enough to enlist in the first place.

You don’t know me, and I don’t know you, but I wish I did.

I’ll write again.

Joanna


Many of these men and women are away from their families and through this simple program; we are hoping to give them a ray of light in their day.


To all veterans of all wars, thank you!!